Getting Started with Python
This month’s podcast is hosted by Andrew, Luke, and Lane.
Getting Started with Python:
- Most are afraid to start because they are not “programmer” they didn’t take comp sci programming is hard.
- Given python a chance its a lot easier than you might.
- Here are some good resources (Our Python Tutorials, Violent Python (Book), Cybrary Python Content, Blackhat Python (Book), Python for Pentesters by Securitytube.net, Udemey, code academy, PyMOTW, etc.)
- You need to give yourself a project – start simple and build up. Consider parsing a log file then moving to something more complex.
- You need to practice its kinda like learning a instrument.
- Teach people after you learn it – you learn the content at a deeper level.
- How has it helped our careers:
- Better troubleshooting skills.
- Automate tasks so you can focus on other problems.
- Helps with exploitation and understanding vulnerabilities at a deeper level.
- You can generally understand other languages.
- Lots of time I find myself with output form one tool that needs to go to another.
- Opens doors for new opportunities.